Our Commitment to Your Privacy
- Lightspeed will respect your privacy at all times and the confidentiality of your answers will be maintained as described in this Policy.
- Your name, address, telephone number, personal information and individual responses will only be used as described in this Policy.
- Market research carried out by Lightspeed is not a guise to sell you anything or ask for money.
- Lightspeed will respect your decision regarding participation in surveys, answering specific questions or termination of your membership of the panel.
- Lightspeed will maintain high standards of professional conduct in the collection and reporting of the information you provide.
- Lightspeed complies with European General Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) (as amended, updated or revoked from time to time) (the “Directive”) and the European Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (as amended, updated or revoked from time to time) and any legislation implementing those Directives in any country (including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (SI 2426/2003) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations (SI 2011/1208)) and any data protection, privacy or other laws which are similar or equivalent to those Directives in any country, regarding the collection and use of personal information obtained from the European Union.
- By applying to become a member of the panel, you consent to Lightspeed holding, storing, processing and using the information you submit for market research purposes.
- Subject to clause below, Lightspeed will only pass information you have provided to third parties in an aggregate, anonymous form, which will not contain any information which personally identifies you.
- You acknowledge and accept that Lightspeed may pass your personal data to its partner Perks and any other company which administers the Points Program and the rewards system. For the avoidance of doubt, such information may include your name and address and all other information necessary to enable Perks or any other third party to properly administer the Points Program and rewards.
- Lightspeed is committed to protecting the online privacy of children. Lightspeed considers a child to be anyone under the age of 16. Where children are invited to participate in surveys, Lightspeed will not request any personal information about the child other than that provided by the parent/ guardian or by the child's survey responses. A parent/ guardian may review, request the deletion of or prohibit the future collection of their child's personal information at any time. This can be done by submitting a request via the Help Centre or writing to Lightspeed Research Limited, 4 Millbank , Westminster, London , SW1P 3JA , United Kingdom.
- To ensure that your information remains private, Lightspeed uses a firewall security system. This means that only authenticated users can input information into the database and only Lightspeed market researchers and database managers can read it. However, no transmission via the internet is 100% secure, and you assume this risk by using the Website.
Use of the Website by Children
- From time to time, Lightspeed may run surveys for children. Where this is the case, Lightspeed will ask you if you would permit your children to participate. If such permission is received, Lightspeed will email you a link to the survey to which your child can respond.
- Lightspeed encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children's use of the internet. While the child is completing the survey, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise them.
- Lightspeed will not knowingly contact a child directly to participate in any survey or promotion.
Termination of Membership
- If you no longer wish to be a member of the MySurvey panel, you may request that your personal information be removed from our list of active members in the manner specified in the Membership Terms and Conditions or on the Website.
- Failure to follow the correct procedure for termination could delay the removal of your information.
- Lightspeed will process all requests to terminate membership promptly. However there will be a one month gap between your request and the termination of your membership, meaning that you may receive further emails for a limited period after making your request.
Changes of the Policy
- This policy was last updated on 31/08/2016.
- If you have any questions or concerns relating to privacy, you can contact Lightspeed and MySurvey by submitting a request via the Help Centre or writing to Lightspeed Research Limited, 4 Millbank , Westminster, London , SW1P 3JA , United Kingdom.